Common AmeriGas Fees & Terms
Current Fees and Charges:
- Fuel Recovery Fee - This fee, which is added to each invoice for propane deliveries and service calls, helps to offset the significant expenses incurred by AmeriGas in fueling its fleet of commercial motor vehicles. This fee fluctuates on a monthly basis as AmeriGas' cost of fuel fluctuates. The fee as of the date of this Notice is $7.83. For updated fuel recovery fee information, please visit our website or call our toll free number on a monthly basis.
- HazMat & Safety Compliance Fee - This fee, which is added to each invoice, helps to offset a portion of the cost AmeriGas must incur to comply with federal, state and local government regulations, including, but not limited to, hazardous materials, homeland security, emergency preparedness and workplace safety. It is also used to fund, among other things, vital employee safety training and inspections, cylinder re-qualification, and environmental compliance. THE FEE IS NOT GOVERNMENT IMPOSED, NOR IS ANY PORTION OF IT PAID TO ANY GOVERNMENT AGENCY. The current fee is $9.69.
- Late Charge - This charge is assessed when a Customer does not pay his/her bill within the credit terms established and is designed to recover collection and related costs incurred by AmeriGas. The current charge is 1½% of the average daily balance or a minimum charge of $36, whichever is greater.
- Service Termination Charge - The labor associated with disconnecting service or removing equipment when a customer terminates service with AmeriGas. This includes all aspects of the administrative process necessary to close the account. The current charge is $100.
- Pump-Out/Restocking Charge - AmeriGas is prohibited by law from transporting a tank when it contains a quantity of propane in excess of five percent of the tank's water capacity. This charge defrays the cost associated with pumping out a tank that contains in excess of five percent, and returning the tank to AmeriGas' inventory. Customers can avoid this charge by continuing service with AmeriGas until the supply of propane in the tank is less than five percent. The current charge is $120.
- Special Trip Charge - This charge is incurred by Customers who request immediate deliveries or non-emergency service after business hours or on weekends. This charge can vary greatly due to the distance involved and/or the time required to service this request and will be based on local labor rates which can be obtained from your local AmeriGas office.
- Tank Rent - Customers using AmeriGas-owned equipment will be assessed a rental fee during the period that the equipment is used. The amount of the rent can vary by geography and may be affected by, among other things, the size of the tank(s) and the Customer’s actual annual usage.
- Meter Service Fee - This fee is incurred by Customers who are charged for their propane based on an amount of usage as measured by an AmeriGas meter. This fee defrays the cost of meter reading, meter maintenance and related administrative costs. The current fee is $9.99 per month.
- Service Dispatch Charge - This charge is to cover the costs associated with dispatching a service technician to a Customer's residence or other location to perform service work on customer-owned equipment and appliances. Customers should note that upon arrival at Customer's location, additional charges may be assessed depending upon the nature of the problem. The current Service Dispatch Charge is $54.99 and is collected at the time the service is scheduled. This charge will not be credited toward service work performed. Please check with your local AmeriGas office regarding the availability of appliance repair service.
PAYMENT TERMS AND LATE FEES.
Customer agrees to pay all fees, rates, and charges required by the Terms and Conditions within ten days after the invoice date or on the due date, whichever is later, to the location designated by AmeriGas. Where permitted by law, Customer agrees that AmeriGas may send Customer an invoice instead of a delivery ticket. If Customer fails to pay any fees, rates, or charges within 25 days after the invoice or due date, AmeriGas may, unless prohibited by law, add a monthly late charge of one and one-half percent of the average daily balance or a late charge of $36.00, whichever is greater. AmeriGas reserves the right to require Customer to pay for propane deliveries or services in advance or to post a cash deposit, which may be applied by AmeriGas at any time in whole or in part to the outstanding balance.
- AmeriGuard** - This is an optional program where an AmeriGas customer receives a fixed price for a fixed period of time during which the customer is placed on a convenient monthly payment plan. The current fee is $9.33 monthly or $112.00 annually.
- AmeriLock** - This is an optional program where an AmeriGas customer receives a fixed price for the term of the AmeriLock contract. The current fee is $112.00 annually.
- LineGard** (Line Protection Plan) - This is an optional program. Under the LineGard program covered repairs are made to customer-owned lines if necessary. New applicants must sign an agreement and their lines are subject to inspection prior to enrollment in the program. The current fee is $18.95 (annually).
- Payment Protection** - This is an optional program for residential customers enrolled in AmeriGuard or SmartPay. Applicants pay an annual fee to have AmeriGas pay the remainder of their monthly payments for the term in the event of death to the primary account holder (and joint account holder if applicable). The current fee is $39.99 for a single account and $59.99 for a joint account (annually).
- Pre-Buy** - This is a program that enables the customer to lock-in the propane price in advance for the customer's projected winter/annual usage. Contact your local AmeriGas office for lock-in fee information.
- SmartPay Budget Plan** - This is an optional program that allows you to make convenient monthly payments based on your projected annual usage and current market price.
** Programs and fees are subject to change. Certain restrictions apply. Please contact your local office for more information.
For more information, contact the AmeriGas Location nearest you.